Saturday, April 16, 2005

In the middle of the night.......

At 2:30am I heard a frightened little voice say,"Mom,I'm shaking and my heart is racing." Nothing snaps my old eyes open quicker than my sweetie pie daughter waking me up in the middle of the night. I said,"Well, you probably have a fever." I grabbed the thermometer and popped it in her mouth.Sure enough she had a temp.I gave her some Tylenol and got her snuggled in the middle of our bed. In reality, the three of us do not fit in this bed together but there is something comforting being in between your parents when you are sick so that's where I put her.
Rich was asleep but he managed to scoot over to make room for Lillianna.

We slept for an hour and then I felt her and decided she needed some Motrin. Our pediatrician suggested that when she was an infant and whenever she has a temp that disturbs me,I give her Tylenol every 4 hours and Motrin every 6 hours until it's under control. At 3:30am Lillianna decided she would rather lie on the couch and watch t.v. than go to sleep. I set her up with a snack and a drink and went back to bed.

When I woke up at 5:30am to shower for work,she was sound asleep. By the time I left for work at 7am her temp was down and she felt better. I always hate when Lillianna is sick but I always feel powerful in a way, that most times, I can fix whatever is wrong with her. She knows she can walk into our bedroom and we will instantly take care of her.

Do you put your kids in your bed when they're sick?

No comments: