Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Sick again

Well,Lillianna is sick again. It seems like she is always sick lately. It started with complaints of,"I think my allergies are bothering me." Then Saturday morning she came into our room at 2am and said,"I'm shaking and my heart is racing." Ahhh,the tell-tale signs of a fever. By Sunday she was coughing and complaining of a sore throat. Luckily I had the day off on Sunday so I could spend the day taking care of her instead of being at work feeling sad that I wasn't home.

Yesterday her cough sounded worse so I took her to the doctor. She has a viral infection which means no prescription medication will help her. I kept her on her cough med and motrin for fever and now we have to wait it out. The doctor said her fever should be gone by Wednesday but the cough,which is like croup, may linger for a week or more.

I took today off from work because Mom just came home from Florida yesterday. How could I bring my sick child to her for 5 hours today? Hopefully she will feel better tomorrow and she can go to Mom's.

In the meanwhile,Lillianna is frustrated with her cough and goes from playing with her toys to clinging to me and whining. I try my best to make her feel better but I know how horribble I feel when I'm sick. Sometimes there is nothing that will help except the time to get better.

How do you make your kids happy when they are sick?

No comments: