Monday, August 14, 2006

We actually met,Jess!

Well we did it.On Friday,Lillianna and I drove to the mall for our meeting with Jess. After "talking" to her online for the past two years, I was hoping she'd be just like I had pictured her.

I was surprised that she was taller than I had imagined because on her blog,she had said she was short. Well,I'm short at 5'3" so I thought she would be around 5' or 5'1". She's 5'5"! When I asked her why she said she was short she said,"Well,I am short for an athlete." Hmmmmm....I didn't think about it that way. In my eyes,that girl is tall.

We had a lovely lunch at Joe's American Bar and Grill and it took us forever to actually order since we were babbling non-stop and never really looked at the menu. Lillianna was absolutely silent and I realized that Jess and I were out-talking her! That's really amazing since Lillianna is quite a chatty little girl. We finally let her get a word in every now and then. She finally felt comfortable after a while and just piped up whenever she had something to say.

We spent around 4 hours at the mall and then Jess had to head to Boston for her pre-swim dinner. She came back to our apartment around 9:45pm to spend the night. We were both exhausted but we still talked for a while before going to sleep. We were both up very early since I had to go to work and she was heading back to Boston for her 4 hour swim mete. I'm still waiting to hear how that went. She drove back to Florida right after the mete so we didn't get a chance to see her again.

I am so glad that we got the chance to spend some time with her. Jess is kind,caring,funny and intelligent. She's just the way I thought she would be. Lillianna cried when she left. I told her she could still email Jess and we were lucky that we got to meet her. She sniffled and nodded her head but she didn't seem convinced.

I am always envious of people who get to meet their online friends. Now I can say that I met one too!

No comments: