Sunday, August 20, 2006

Do I even want to know?

Last night,I got home from work at 8:20pm and Rich headed out the door to visit his friend,Mingo. I hadn't seen Lillianna since my mom picked her up at the office on Friday at 12pm because my mom took her to her sleepover party at 2pm. By the time she came home on Saturday at 12pm,I had been at work for 5 hours. She had a lot to tell me about the fun she had when I finally got home.

After making some huge tissue paper flowers together,we snuggled on the couch. It was supposed to be a quick snuggle and then we'd go to bed. Nice theory. We fell asleep all cuddled together. I woke up about 90 minutes later.

I managed to roll Lillianna off of me and I told her to come with me and I'd help her get in her jammies. She was sound asleep and only whined at me. I left her on the couch and I went to bed.

I woke up around midnight to go the bathroom and realized that Lillianna managed to get in bed with me on her own. (Rich was still at Mingo's.) I pulled the blankets down and felt her to see if she had changed into her jammies. Nope. I couldn't imagine sleeping in jeans so I tried waking her up so that she could help me get her jeans off. After some struggling,I got them off and then covered her back up with the blankets.

This morning,at 5am,I was in the kitchen packing my food for the day. Lillianna stood in the entry way in her long sleeved shirt,underwear and socks. She looked perplexed as she hesitantly asked,"Do I even want to know why I am not wearing pants?"

That just struck me in such a funny way that I couldn't stop laughing.It sounded like something a drunken/hung over college buddy would ask the morning after a keg party.

I looked at my precious,confused and sleepy child and told her what happened. She hadn't remembered a thing. She laughed and I hugged her. I asked her if she wanted me to help her change. She said,"That would be nice,Mom." I helped the groggy girl into her warm jammies and settled her onto the couch. She decided to watch t.v. and maybe take a nap.

I will never forget her little cute face when she asked me about her pants. She always makes me laugh.

No comments: