Friday, June 09, 2006

A change of carnival plans

When we got to the carnival,I was told that my job was changed. I wouldn't be working at the snow cone machine,afterall. I was switched to the inflatable obstacle course. This thing is like a billion feet high and half a billion feet long. It attracts screaming,pushing, sock-footed,crazed children of all ages. I already had a migraine. This didn't sound like it was going to have any healing powers on my pounding head. I was right.

For the first hour,I took the tickets and said,"Ready....Set....GO!" as the kids raced two by two through the obstacle course. Then I switched with the other volunteer mom and I headed to the back of this inflatable monster and watched the kids as they made their departure down the slide. I got to say things like,"No jumping!" "You can't somersault off the top. Just slide,please!" The kids never listen. I got to watch a couple of them almost plunge to their death but hey....who really cares?......the parents just cheer them on.

We picked up pizza on the way home and I ordered the new rustic pizza from Papa Ginos. It was good. I was starving so I ate too much. I fell asleep on the couch right after dinner. When I woke up,I checked my blood sugar. It was very high. That made my head pound a little more. I took my diabetes pills and went to bed.

Now it's just about 10pm and my head is killing me. I have to take some more Tylenol and try to go to sleep. I have to be up at 5am for work and I know the morning comes faster than I would like. Like all Saturdays,tomorrow is 12 hours of work between two jobs. Neither job is thrilling me lately so I'm not looking forward to this at all. Oh well....a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

No comments: