Friday, September 16, 2005

Off to the doctor

Well,I've had this hacking cough for the past 3 weeks and it's just getting worse.
When I first got sick,I had sinus congestion along with the cough. The congestion cleared after about a week but the cough has lingered.

Both of my jobs require constant talking for the entire shift. Many times,I have lost my voice and talking can be painful. Last night at work,my cough seemed to get worse and I had a pounding headache to go along with it. Nice bonus!

I dragged myself home last night after telling Rich that I just didn't have one bit of energy to go food shopping after work like I had planned. He said he would shop on Saturday. Thank goodness for that.

This morning,my cough frightened Lillianna. She looked at me with wide eyes and asked quietly,"Are you ok Mommy? You don't sound too good." That's an understatement. So,as soon as Rich is out of the bathroom,I will take my shower,get dressed and call my doctor. I am hoping I don't have pneumonia like I did last year. I guess I'll know soon enough.

{5:00pm...Update: I have a bacterial infection. I am now on an antibiotic,Tylenol and a cough syrup with codeine. The fact that surprised me the most was when the doctor told me I had a slight fever! I almost never have a temperature. When I called Rich with the news,I said,"I have a fever. I only have a fever when I am really sick." Rich laughed and said,"What makes you think you aren't really sick now?" Good point.

The doctor also wrote a note and told me to take the weekend off from both jobs. That was dicey because I hate calling in sick. The guilt is overwhelming but I had to do it. Right now I am making a huge pot of chicken noodle soup. That's all I want to eat when I am sick.

So,there you have it!}

No comments: