Thursday, September 01, 2005

Miss A, Mrs B and Mr C

Lillianna loves her 2nd grade teacher, Miss L. That's what the kids call her because apparently her name is too hard to say. For privacy reasons I won't disclose her name but believe me,it's not a difficult name even though it has 4 syllables. Yes, 4 syllables. Our last name has 3 syllables and I would hope people could pronounce it unless they are brain dead. Oh sure they may ask how to pronounce it the first time but then I would expect them to be able to say it.

Lillianna's art teacher is Miss G. Her name is not difficult at all and it only has 3 syllables but apparently the children are not bright enough to take on this challenge. Lillianna is almost 8 years old. When does the school think she will be able to say a teacher's 4 syllable name....maybe by high school?

It is no secret that I hate Lillianna's school. They have disappointed me in the past 2 years and I had been hoping that this year I would be pleasantly surprised. With more and more teachers being called by their first initial,I doubt this is going to be a better year.

At what age do you think a child should be able to pronounce their teacher's name?

No comments: