Monday, February 26, 2007

Just four words on a sign

There is a fairly new market type store on the main road which I pass every day. I've never been inside but it seems like it carries the same type of things that a Cumberland Farms would carry.
The thing that intrigues me is the sign outside. Every now and then it changes but it only has four words on it to tell what is has inside.
I believe the sign now reads:

Groceries
Liquor
Lottery
Meats


The meats always make me wonder if they mean like meats from a butcher or deli meats.
The parking is tricky due to it's location but I should stop in some day just to see it.

This got me thinking. If I had a store like that and I could only put four words on the sign,what would they be? I would want to make it funny and interesting to pique everyone's curiosity so that they would stop in. I've come up with my four words....they are....

Jellybeans
Tires
Bread
Puppets


Can't you just see the drivers doing a double-take? "Puppets? Why does that store carry puppets?" Jellybeans would make me stop the car,that's for sure. Of course I would carry regular and sugar-free.

So,if you had to use only four words to describe your interesting market type store,what would they be?

No comments: