Friday, October 28, 2005

Persistence pays off......I hope.

Last night I coughed for most of the night and ended up sleeping in an upright position on the couch. This post nasal drip is chipping away at my sanity. Since I barely slept,I decided not to go to work today. I wasn't on the schedule but I said if I could,I would come in.I was barely coherent so I didn't go in. Instead,I marched myself back to the doctor.

I was just there 4 days ago but the allergy med hasn't helped. In fact,I am much worse than I was on Monday. I saw the nurse practitioner that I saw 4 weeks ago and this time,she said since nothing else has worked,I should be on Prednisone for 6 days.She is hoping that this will do the trick. I hope she is right because my nerves are frazzled from all this coughing and I have to work all weekend. Talking for hours and hours makes me cough so this Prednisone had better kick in soon.

I hope that my persistence pays off. The allergy med didn't work and I just want to be cured.I wouldn't have been such a nag if we weren't flying in a few days but come on....I've been sick for 6 damn weeks already. Enough is enough.

Let's hope that this med will work.

No comments: