Sunday, December 03, 2006

Of course I want a cookie!

I drove into Dunkin' Donuts drive-thru at 6am this morning. When I got up to the little speaker,the voice asked,"Would you like to try a cookie?"
I was stunned....A COOKIE????.....I LOVE cookies!!! Of course I want a cookie!!!!

Trying to speak as calmly as possible,I said,"Yes!Yes!!Yes!!! I will have one of every kind of cookie you have." I became so overjoyed at the thought of eating so many cookies,I forgot about my diabetes and continued with my order. "I would also like one of every kind of donut and munchkin and one of every kind of bagel with chive cheese on the side. Don't give me any of that low fat cheese either. I want all the fat possible!" Who cares about possibly getting pancreatitis again? Not me!

I just wanted to eat all the sweets and carbs that I had been missing in my life. I didn't care what happened to me.

"Would you like to try a cookie?" the voice asked me.
"No,thank you," I replied. "I'll have a medium iced coffee,black,no sugar,please."
I had packed my low fat cream and Splenda in my lunch box so that I could mix this myself when I got to work.

I really wanted the cookie,though.

No comments: