Friday, December 22, 2006

The last shopping day

These past 3 weeks have been a whirlwind. I have "A" 3 days a week which is a total joy for all our family. I have taken her to Target,CVS and one other store to do some holiday shopping. She sat patiently for 45 minutes on Wednesday waiting for our Christmas cards to be made at CVS. They said it would take 15 minutes so I figured I'd wait. There was only one woman working in that department so even though the cards were ready,she was too busy doing other things for other people to let me have them. "A" was wonderful as she laughed and smiled at me. Thank goodness she is a sweet baby.

Today is my first and only day off this week. I have to get EVERYTHING done because I work all weekend. I finally realized I had to ask Rich for help so he will be baking all the cookies on Sunday for 2 platters:one for Christmas Eve and one for Christmas Day. I can't do them today....no time. I also told him he will have to take Lillianna shoe shopping on Saturday because her black dress shoes don't fit anymore. There is just not enough time in my day today to do it all.

In one hour,I will head out to the bank and then to the mall that has just about everything for the last few gifts that I need. I also have to finish Kara's second scrapbook which is my gift to her and Peter. Their wedding/honeymoon book is done,now I am working on their "baby",Cody,my chocolate lab nephew! That reminds me,I have to go to the scrapbook store for more supplies.

I'll do the food shopping after I get Lillianna from school today then....oh crap!...I'd better call Rich and tell him not to eat pizza for lunch today...that's my plan for dinner. Who has time to cook? Not me.

Before Lillianna left for school I said I had to write a list of things to do since this is my one and only shot at getting it all done. She said,"Add breathe to your list,Mom!" She's such a smart child.

No comments: