Thursday, December 23, 2004

Four little girls

I was sitting in Papa Gino's today waiting for my lunch order when a woman with 4 little girls walked in. They seemed to be about 3 years old. They were all the same height but they didn't look alike, which doesn't mean anything, so I couldn't determine if they were quadruplets or completely unrelated. So I was sitting on the bench and the little girls starting talking to me all at once while the woman was picking up her pizza.I looked over to the woman who was smiling at me and I said to her,
"Oh my gosh! They're all talking at the same time!!" She just laughed.

"Her name is Rachel," the little girl sitting next to me said, pointing to the girl who was sitting next to her. "Did you want to say hi to Rachel?"

"Hi, Rachel," I said as I waved and smiled. Rachel waved back.

"I have brown eyes, do you see? Brown eyes, I have brown eyes," said girl #1 as she looked in the mirror behind me.

"Yes, I do see that you have brown eyes," I replied.

"I have a boyfriend," said girl #2 as she stood before us, swinging her arms from side to side.

"A boyfriend?" I exclaimed. "And I thought my 7 year old daughter was young talking about a boyfriend."

"Well his name is Sponge Bob Square Pants. I'm gonna marry that guy," stated girl #2 proudly.

"I'm gonna marry Square Pants too," girl #3 chimed in. "I love him."

"Hmmm," I said thoughtfully. "I'm not sure you can actually marry a sponge.You might want to check into that."

"Ya, I think you can," announced girl #1.

Just then the woman came over to collect the girls and sit them down for lunch. They all smiled and waved good-bye to me. I waved back and laughed. Sometimes kids are really amusing.


No comments: