Monday, April 21, 2008

What kind of illness is that?

Rich got the flu and he was generous enough to share it with me.I'm not sure I really meant it when I agreed to love him in sickness and in health. I ended up missing 4 days of work last week!

Other than being out on maternity leave 10 years ago and recovering after my attack of pancreatitis 2 1/2 years ago,I have never missed 4 days of work in one week in the 17 years that I've been at my job. I was very tired and my throat and ears hurt. The nurse put me on amoxicillin and said to rest. I couldn't stop sleeping. Every time I woke up I wanted to go back to sleep.

I finally felt better for the first time on Saturday and I'm getting better every day. I actually slept late this morning and then started cleaning. Of course since I cleaned so much I took a 2 hour nap in the late afternoon but at least I'll be ready for work on Wednesday. I have today and tomorrow off because Lillianna is on vacation.

I was so surprised how knocked out I felt. The last time I was this sick was the winter of 1987 when I lived in Israel. My temperature was 103 which is extremely high for me because I almost never go above 99 no matter how sick I am. I may have other symptoms but I rarely run a fever.

I was too sick to even drag my body to see the nurses on the kibbutz so one of my friends went to tell them what my symptoms were.My friend came back with blue Acamol which is the equivalent of Tylenol with Codeine. I loved those blue pills back then. The nurses thought Acamol could cure anything and I guess it kind of did.

So when she gave me the pills she said that the nurse told her I had INFLUENZA!
My mouth dropped open. "Influenza????" I croaked in my raspy voice. "Don't people die from Influenza?" I kept thinking it was the Bubonic plague even though I wasn't actually sure what that entailed.

I kept repeating the dreaded disease to try to make sense of my diagnosis,"Influenza......Influenza.....Influenza...." Then it finally hit me and I asked,"Oh....do you mean I have The Flu?" My friend who was from England and probably knew what the hell Influenza was and wondered why I was going insane just nodded. Phew! I was relieved to learn that I would survive this illness.

So....that was my last big illness......21 years ago....that is until last week. I hate being sick but at least I was told I had a virus and not something like Scurvy 'cuz that would really make me crazy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do agree with all of the [url=http://www.saclongchampfr2013.eu/sac-de-voyage-longchamp-c-6.html]Sac De Voyage Longchamp solde[/url] concepts you have offered in your post. They're really convincing and can certainly work. Still, the posts are very brief for starters. Porte Monnai Longchamp solde [url=http://www.saclongchampfr2013.eu/sac-%C3%A0-main-longchamp-pas-cher-noir-p-42.html]Sac à Main Longchamp pas cher Noir[/url] , May just you please extend them a bit from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.
You can definitely see your skills [url=http://www.saclongchampfr2013.eu/sac-en-bandouli%C3%A8re-longchamp-c-1.html]Sac En Bandoulière Longchamp solde[/url] within the work you write. The sector hopes for more passionate writers such as you who are not afraid to mention how they believe. All the time follow your heart.