Thursday, February 09, 2006

Happy Birthday to me!

Today is my birthday and so far it has been wonderful.

Ok,it wasn't so great that I had to work this morning but right after work,at 12pm,I drove to Kara's work and she took me out to lunch. We went to this lovely restaurant next door to her office. She has been there a million times but this was my first time going and it was delicious!!!!

It's an Italian restaurant but of course I had to stay away from the regular Italian meals....too many carbs for me. My sugar has been high two nights in a row so I am really trying extra hard to watch my carb intake.

I ordered a mixed greens salad with grilled chicken and tomatoes with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing. It was huge and very filling. It was so much fun to spend time with my sister. She gave me a pair of 5 pound weights which I had asked for so I can tone my arms and I also got a beautiful shirt. I thought it would be too tight but....IT FIT!!!! I am so excited to have something new that actually fits me.

I got home around 4:00pm and cleaned this messy place up. Lillianna helped me slice up 2 containers of fresh strawberries and now she is singing in the shower.We also listened to my old 45's. She can not put the needle on the record!!! It's amazing. She can use the computer,use a CD player and every other gadget in the world but the old needle on the record freaks her out.

Our friends are coming over at 7:30pm for dinner and cake. I made pasta,sauce and salad. Thank goodness for my crockpot.
This is my first birthday without a "real" cake. I got a sugar free angel food cake with fat free cool whip and strawberries. Diabetes sucks! It really does.

Tomorrow,Lillianna and I are going to Build-A-Bear so that she can build me a puppy for my birthday. She has 2 dogs,Kayleigh and Mikayla. I want my own dog. I'm naming my puppy,Chloe Natasha. I'll pick her out and Lillianna will stuff her for me. I think I will photograph the whole event.

That's all for now. I have to make the salad. It's almost dinner time!!

No comments: