Friday, December 30, 2005

I hope next year will be better.....

The end of 2005 was not the best for me. I am still struggling with lowering my blood sugar and blood pressure but I am happy to be alive and grateful to be well enough to have these struggles. That being said.......

Last Friday,the day before Christmas Eve, the back of one of my teeth broke off. It has a temporary cap on it so I didn't panic because I never chew on that side anyway. The nerve is dead so it doesn't hurt. I managed to enjoy the weekend holidays with the gaping hole in my tooth.

Since my dentist is on vacation, I didn't bother to call his partner who is covering for him. I saw that doctor once in the 27 years since I have been a patient there and that was plenty. He has zero personality and he seems to enjoy being a little bit mean. My own dentist is happy,funny,comical and loving and he does everything he can to not cause me pain. I like that quality in a dentist.

This afternoon I was eating a few fat-free potato chips when something didn't feel right in my mouth. I thought it was a hard piece of chip but I should've known that I'm not that lucky. My bottom left tooth had split and the outside was wiggling back and forth. Damn! I called the dentist's office knowing my dentist's secretary was there since she had called me earlier about scheduling my appointment next week for the tooth with the hole in it. She scheduled me in with the mean dentist for tomorrow morning at 8:30am.

That means I have to be late for job #1. I am usually there at 7:30am and I already called to tell them I would be late. I hope this goes well because I have to be at job #2 at 1:00pm.

I am concerned with why my teeth are suddenly breaking. I have had extensive work on my teeth over the years and they are probably just brittle since they are almost 43 years old. I just wish they would stop breaking. I don't want to look like a jack-o-lantern.

I hope 2006 will be a better year for me and for all of you.
Happy New Year!

No comments: