Monday, November 28, 2005

Getting back into the swing of things

I can't believe that tomorrow will mark 2 weeks since I've been home. I couldn't even walk the day I was discharged from the hospital. Rich had to help me check my blood sugar in the airport because I wasn't even sure how to do it.
I've come a long way since then.....thank goodness!

The pain is nearly gone although night time is still uncomfortable for me. The least painful position for my stomach is sleeping on my back but it's not a comfortable position for me to sleep in. I'm hoping this resolves itself quite quickly because I love to sleep and would prefer to be comfortable.

I still can't shake the feeling of being tired. Rich said this morning that he thinks it's because I stopped drinking coffee so no caffeine and I'm on a low sugar diet as well as low fat so there is no "sugar high" either. I forgot about that.

I had to go to CVS earlier and when I got out of the car,my legs felt like limp noodles. I felt like I had run a marathon. I will have to tell my doctor when I see him on Thursday. I need to have more energy. I am going to take a little walk while Lillianna is in her Brownie meeting today. Maybe I just need more exercise.(Which I could do if I wasn't so exhausted! It's a vicious circle!)

Other than that,things are going pretty well. My blood sugar has been staying in the same range over the past few days.Lillianna draws a happy picture in my book when it's a particularly good number. She always has to know what my blood sugar is. It seems to give her a sense of peace to know it's not too high.

I will try to write after my doctor's appointment on Thursday.
Stay healthy everyone!

No comments: