Friday, October 01, 2004

Rescue Me!

Rich and I woke up at 6:00am this morning to clean up for Lillianna's birthday sleep over tonight. He cleaned the kitchen for an hour until it sparkled. Rich stood with his mop at his side and proudly proclaimed, "The floor is so clean that you can walk on it without your feet getting stuck!" Ah, now that's clean.

When he left at 9:00am to go to work, I looked around the apartment. What was I thinking????? There was no way that I could do this by myself. I needed a plan. I immediately ran to the phone and called Kristy. I told her my situation. She said,"Let me jump in the shower and I will be right over." Ya just gotta love a friend like that. Half an hour later she was at my door and ready to work.

We put the goody bags together. We wrapped Lillianna's presents. I made cupcakes while Kristy vacuumed every inch of this place. If you have a friend that enjoys vacuuming for you then you are one lucky person! When the cupcakes were done and every rug was clean, we decorated the dining room and living room with Kim Possible streamers. Ok, Kristy hung the streamers and I occasionally handed her a piece of tape. She had everything down to a science anyway. I think I was just in the way.

By 12:20pm we were done. Finished! It was amazing. Kristy whipped through here like a tornado but she took all the chaos with her instead of leaving it behind. Our apartment has never looked so good. It didn't look this clean when we moved in. That's how Kristy is. She is an organizer. I feel truly blessed to have her in my life. Not just because she totally saved my butt today but because we have been able to depend on one another for the past 14 years. We don't make excuses as to why we can't help. We don't even think of that. We just ask, "What do you need?" and then we do it. I love that!

To Kristy I want to say, "Thank you so very much for all you did. Lillianna thought the cleaning fairies appeared while she was at school. She loved her room. She laughed when she saw her Princess bandana on her stuffed cat, just like you knew she would. You will never know how much I appreciated all your effort today. I could never have done this without you!"
Who can you count on to help you in a situation like this?





No comments: