Monday, November 01, 2004

An impractical purchase....oh well!

Lillianna and I went shoe shopping last week for shoes to wear with pants. We already purchased dress shoes a few weeks ago. We went to Payless where they were having their "buy one get one half off" sale and we quickly found a pair of cute black slip on shoes that were just perfect. We were packing up our stuff when suddenly Lillianna gasped as she spotted a glittery treasure. She pointed to a pair of pink Strawberry Shortcake sparkle shoes sitting on the shelf.Her voice was filled with joy as she asked,"Mom, can I get them?"

Of course my first thought was, heck no. When will she wear such a thing? I thought I took a huge leap when I let her wear white Easter shoes in March this year. I just didn't know how much growth I could take in one year.

Pink sparkle shoes......they are so impractical.What would they go with?
I looked at Lillianna's hopeful face. I looked at the shoes. I looked back at my daughter. I squinted at the shoes since the sparkles were so blinding. I shrugged my shoulders and said, "Sure. Try them on. If they fit you can have them."
They fit. She was thrilled. She plopped her sneakers in the bag and slipped on her new pink shoes. Her smile was worth it. Hey, you're only a 7 year old girl once, right?

Have you made any impractical purchases lately?

No comments: