Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Look Ma,no cavities!

I remember that used to be the catch phrase,in the olden days,for Crest,Gleem or Colgate toothpaste. It was a phrase I never got to say. No matter how much I brushed,flossed or used those red Butler tablets,I always had cavities. Remember those red tablets? After brushing all the enamel off your teeth,you chewed up a tablet,swished it around in your mouth and then spit it out and.....smiled in the mirror! All the red spots were the areas that you didn't brush well. It was a shock sometimes,it really was.

Every time I went for a cleaning at the dentist's office,I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best.It never helped. There were always cavities. When I was 13 years old,I had 13 cavities. It was depressing. It seemed like I was destined to have a mouth full of silver fillings. How attractive!

Well,after 38 years of going to the dentist,(I started when I was 4 years old),I can finally say,"Look Ma,no cavities!" I had my cleaning today and the dental hygienist said my gums looked great.I didn't have any tartar and she didn't think I had any cavities. When Dr.Q checked my x-rays he said there weren't any cavities but a piece of one of my fillings fell out so he would replace it at my next appointment. I was so stunned that I didn't have any cavities! Even Dr.Q was surprised. He said,"I think this is your best check up ever!" I've been going to him since I was 16 years old.

So,I wanted to share my good news with the world because to me,this is a miracle!!!

No comments: