Sunday, August 14, 2005

Flashback to the 60's

This post was inspired by Carol's post about traveling.

When I was a child,no one ever had to tell me we were going a a road trip. I always knew a vacation was coming up when Mom bought two things: Doo-Dads and Chicken-in-a-biskit. Now I had always thought it was biscuit but apparently,I was wrong. I couldn't find any pictures of Doo-Dads but they were a mixture of cheese nips,pretzles and I think maybe peanuts.

Looking back,I can't imagine who thought up the idea of a cracker that tasted like chicken. How is that delicious? I ate them because I didn't realize the weirdness of it but now,if I want chicken,I'll eat chicken. I don't want something that tastes like chicken.

It's not like chicken is super expensive and we can't afford it so we buy things that have that flavor. Most people can afford chicken.
I remember being in England years ago and they had potato chips (they are called "crisps" over there) that had weird flavors: chicken,prawn and who knows what else. So apparently there is a chicken demand somewhere.

So I have two questions that I would like to throw out to you.
1)What foods did your family pack for road trips when you were a child?
2)What is the weirdest flavored food you have ever eaten? (If you have had vomit jellybeans from Harry Potter please don't tell me. I really don't want to know!)

No comments: