Monday, August 29, 2005

Home sick

I've been sick since I woke up Thursday morning. I worked until 11:00pm Thursday night and I felt horrible when I woke up Friday morning. I did manage to drag myself out of bed and get Lillianna's back to school supplies Friday afternoon and believe me,I felt like I had accomplished a lot with that little task.

Saturday was exhausting. By the end of the morning,I had lost my voice,so my last two patients were difficult for me and I think that thought I was bitchy because I only spoke when I had to. If I talked too much,I went into a coughing fit. I tried to protect the patients from that. I would've explained that to them but I didn't want to risk coughing.

At 12:00pm I ate 2 huge bowls of soup and went off to job #2 which is 6 1/2 hours of non-stop talking. I was feeling worse as the night dragged on. Luckily a co-worker offered to work for me Sunday morning and although I was reluctant at first, I took her up on it. (Thank-you Samantha!! You saved my life!)

Sunday morning I woke up feeling like I was in a fog. My cough was worse and I was ready to collapse. Rich and Lillianna left at 8:00am to go to their wargame and they didn't get back til 6:00pm. I had the whole day to re-group and rest.

Last night I was up in the living room watching t.v. from 12:30am-3:00am because I couldn't stop coughing in bed. I tossed and turned all night. One minute I was freezing. The next minute I was in a pool of sweat.

Today I have had moments of thinking I am much better followed by a coughing fit.
It's 2:30pm and I haven't managed to shower yet. I did the dishes and became exhausted. I don't have any energy at all. Now I am wondering if I should stay home from work one more day or suck it up and just go tomorrow. I hate calling in sick but I hate being sick even more!

No comments: