Thursday, December 30, 2004

Cleaning time again

Right now I am on a break! "A break from what?" you are asking yourself. Well, let me tell you.....I have been cleaning Lillianna's bedroom for the past 90 minutes and I am only halfway finished. I have already dumped one huge trash bag of junk and after I catch my breath I will head back in there and tackle the other half. I am hoping to be done by noon so that I can shower,make lunch,pack my dinner and go to work. I have to leave at 2:45pm so time is a tickin'.

Lillianna has been helping me and I am so proud of her for finally agreeing to give up some of the things she has been holding onto for so long: broken crayons, unknown pieces of doll furniture ("They must go to something, Mommy!"), pieces of games that she once owned (I found a cherry to Hi-Ho Cherry-O in her Barbie drawer this morning. I just looked at her, sighed and tossed it in the trash.) As I went through her Barbie bin I found an arm, oh not a human arm, gosh what are you people thinking??? It was clearly a Barbie arm,(Isn't that right, Hannibal?)so I asked Lillianna what the heck it went to.

"Oh that goes to one of your old dolls, Mom."

'My gosh, no wonder it fell off,' I thought. 'That doll is almost 40 years old.' I checked her other parts to see how they were holding up. All I can say is that gravity is good to Barbie. I wish it were so kind to me.

Well, my break time is over, *sigh*. I am armed with a new trash bag and I am heading to my dear daughter's room. Wish me luck!!


No comments: