Friday, July 08, 2005

A much needed shopping trip

Due to a lack of extra money, there have been certain things that I have let slide over the past few months. They may seem like little things and I suppose that they are but when it comes down to buying something or paying a bill, I usually choose the latter.

Yesterday,Rich and I both got paid and these are the checks to pay the bills and if there is anything left over then I can buy that now too. The next 2 pay checks are saved to pay the rent. So here is my list of the extravagant things I will purchase today on our trip to Wal-Mart.

1.SOCKS......mine are all faded and many have holes in them. There are quite a few that have lost their soul mate in the hamper-washer-dryer cycle and I hate wearing mis-matched socks! I think I will splurge and buy myself seven new pair. Yes, seven!!! I'm just insane,aren't I?

2. A MOP........This is mostly for Rich because who the heck am I kidding? I never mop. About 6 months ago our mop broke while Rich was washing the kitchen floor and ever since then, he has been washing the floor on his hands and knees. I figure that guy could use a break already.

3.A STEP STOOL......When we moved 2 1/2 years ago I threw my step stool in the dumpster because Rich had bought it for me when we were first married. This move was into two separate apartments because Rich wanted to separate.To spite him (ya right) I threw this step stool away.

I'm only 5'3". The step stool was my lifeline but I was determined to throw away anything that reminded me of him. You'd think that once he came back,six months later,that I would've bought a new step stool. You'd be wrong.I haven't been able to reach a damn thing in all this time. Lillianna's step stool is half the size mine was so it helps a little bit,but not enough. I think it's time to get a new step stool. There are dishes and things all over the dining room table that Rich hasn't put back yet.I haven't put them back either because I can't reach the shelf!!!!

4. A BROILING PAN.......If I ever broil hamburgers in the oven,I balance my cookie rack on top of a sheet cake pan and create a wobbly and very unstable broiler-like pan. Many times the burgers have fallen off the rack and into the pan and the grease splatters everywhere. By the grace of G-d I have not started any grease fires. Lillianna has recently decided she likes broiled fish so I figure it's time to invest in a broiling pan. Don't you agree?

So that's it. That's my crazy list for today. I can't wait to go shopping.

No comments: