Tuesday, September 19, 2006

All talk and no action

I guess that's the best way to describe me. There are so many things that I want to do and yet,I haven't done them. Why? What is stopping me? Asking myself that question is too revealing because it means I have to admit the truth....Again. I'm scared to death of failure. I am and always have been my own worst enemy.

Even as a child,if I got anything less than an A+,I'd be depressed. Mom and Dad were always pleased with my achievements but not me. I always thought I could've done better.I expect a lot from myself.

My dream is to be a writer. Everyone always tells me,"You are a writer. Just writing makes you a writer." I don't really agree with that. I've written one book and have tons of other ideas in my head but sending anything to a publisher means I have to face rejection. Am I up for that? I'm so sensitive. I cry at dog food commercials. How will I handle the "you suck" letter?

I'm not making any promises to myself but I'm hoping I get brave enough to take the next step...any step,very soon.

No comments: