Sunday, February 19, 2006

The single life is not for me.

Rich and Lillianna went to New Hampshire for the weekend to visit Rich's sister and her family. My 13 year old niece is in a play and I couldn't get the time off from work so I told them to go without me. This same niece will be coming with me,Lillianna and my sister when we go to New York on the American Girl tour so I didn't feel too badly about missing this. At least we will be together next month.

Last night I came home from work at 8:15pm to an empty house. Lillianna did not run to me as I walked in the door yelling,"MommyMommyMommyMommy.....I missed you so much!" while hugging my waist and squeezing me tight.
Rich didn't kiss me as he took my lunch box and bag with all my plastic containers from lunch and dinner and put them in the sink where he would wash them before he went to bed so that they would be clean for me in the morning.

No one asked me how my day was. No one watched me check my blood sugar.(This is a huge event in our house.Although I find it somewhat annoying,I kind of missed the attention last night.)

Usually Lillianna sleeps with me on Saturday night because she doesn't see me all day Saturday and then I leave at 6:15am Sunday which is before she wakes up. She always snuggles with me and we giggle together about goofy things. Last night,it was just me,all alone,in my bed. I set the alarm for 4:30am and reluctantly fell asleep.

This morning I woke up and was faced with a sink full of plastic containers. They hadn't been "magically" washed by my husband and I was too tired to wash them last night. Luckily I had more,so I used those instead. It's gonna be a huge mess when I get home with even more dishes!

I am all for "alone time" but this time,in between work,is not alone time,it's lonely time. Now,if I had the whole day to myself and I wasn't working,that would be fun for me!

I can't wait until my family comes home tonight. The single life is not for me!

No comments: