Saturday, May 21, 2005

First Kiss

Genuine asked us to write about our first kiss and post it on our blog so here I go.

I was 15 years old and Eric was 18. Our moms had grown up together and on a visit to his house, we met. If we met sometime during our childhood,I have no memory of it at all.

I was so excited, when after this visit, his mom called my mom to say he was interested in me. "Yippee!" I thought. I was quite thrilled. He was a cutie and he was intelligent. I loved that combination. Our first "date" wasn't really a date at all. I was supposed to be babysitting for my sister,Kara,who was only about 3 years old at the time. Eric agreed to keep me company at my house that night. I wasn't sure what that meant but it sounded perfectly innocent.Afterall, what could possibly happen?

I was a little nervous because I had never dated anyone before this.I had liked boys and thought some were cute but that was about it.I was into hanging with my friends, school work, cheerleading and the school play. No time for boys.

I tried to plan out the night so Eric wouldn't think I was dull. My favorite game to play was MASTERMIND so I took that down from my closet so that I could find it with ease. It never ever occurred to me that an 18 year old boy would be interested in games, but MASTERMIND sure wasn't one of them! I wanted to look cute so I put on my brown dress pants and my off-white priest shirt with gold link belt and my brown shoes. It was 1978 and I was at the height of fashion!

When Eric arrived, Kara was still awake so we played with her until it was time for her to go to bed. I had put a bowl of pretzels out for a snack so we munched on those and watched a little t.v. He seemed to be getting a little bit restless so I sweetly suggested we play MASTERMIND. Apparently he was looking for any excuse to get me in my bedroom and he took advantage of that moment.

He grabbed me around my waist and he kissed me. I had never kissed a boy more than a quick kiss on the lips but Eric was doing some serious kissing and I felt goofy. I didn't have any idea what the heck he expected me to do. Then one of his hands rested on my butt and my eyes popped open in surprise. He never even noticed. He just kept kissing me and making all kinds of noises. All I remember thinking was, "How the heck can I get his hand off my butt?" and "Well, at least he doesn't have smelly breath. He smells like pretzels!"

That night, after Eric left, I wrote everything down in my diary. I never wanted to forget my first kiss.

No comments: